Sunday, February 1, 2009

Biking in Texas

I went on a nice 25 mile bike ride yesterday afternoon. I forgot the camera, but will add some photos next time. It was a loop around some of the local highways, from Lake Jackson, southwest into some headwind about 5 miles, turn right at the prison, northwest into more headwind, right in Brazoria, right again on a nice county road into even more headwind, and back to the apartment. Most of it was barren and next to farms, but the county road was nice. It has big rural homes and some interesting looking trees that I am trying to find out what type they are.

Here's a photo of someone who greeted me outside my apartment the first night I moved in:

From Moving to Lake Jackson, Texas


And last, I made a prosciutto loaf from the Bread cookbook. I did a lot of cooking the first few days here but realized I can cook a lot faster than I can eat, so I'll have to pace myself from now on.

From Bread baked

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yummy looking bread and a cute frog! Wish I could be there.