For this rotation in my RAP program at work, I made a last-minute decision to spend the next three months working with Epoxy R&D down in Freeport, Texas. I only made the decision last Thursday, then left Wednesday for the 3-day drive down here. I made it to Texas last night, where I stayed in Texarkana right on the Arkansas border.
The drive was fine thanks to taking 3 days instead of 2, and thanks to some audio books I had to keep me company. They made it much more entertaining than just listening to music. I moved into my 1-bedroom apartment a few hours ago. It's a pretty standard apartment. Notice I've already got my keyboard set up and my (and Paul's) bike in the closet, both of which were the reasons for driving instead of flying.
Aimee stayed up in Michigan to keep her job and to take care of the cats. Thankfully, Dow has a shuttle between the two sites that we can basically take for free, so we'll get to see each other every 2-3 weeks. I'm planning on going back in two weeks, and Aimee's coming here for Valentine's Day weekend. If you're free and want to spend some time enjoying cold winter outings, Aimee would certainly love visitors. If warm sunny weather is more your thing, I've got a couch you could crash on too.
No comments:
Post a Comment