
Steve and I went to Russell's blueberry farm and picked ourselves a bucket of blueberries.

It was a fantastic experience. There were many different varieties of blueberries to choose from, so of course we tried them all. There were also some of the largest blueberries I have seen in my life. And they were SO sweet right off the bush and warmed by the sun. The cost was 1.65 per pound of picked berries, but when you factor in the berries we ate, it really goes down to about 1.25 per pound. I think I ate more berries in that one afternoon than the rest of my life combined! We went home with over 17 pounds of blueberries. That is more than our two cats put together!
From This:

This is what 17 pounds of blueberries look like when compared to a 9 pound cat. All those berries went into the freezer and so far have been becoming cold smoothies on hot days. If they last until winter they'll hopefully turn into pies, muffins and jam.

No comments:
Post a Comment